3.2 Grid Lines and Snap Preferences
- Select from the right toolbar buttons, or Adjust Grid Lines from the Drawing Menu to adjust the grid lines settings for the drawing.
- The display of grid lines can be toggled.
- By default the grid line display is set to auto spacing, which draws as many grid lines as can reasonably fit on the screen. When auto spacing is disabled, the grid lines will be drawn at the spacing entered in the manual spacing field.
- Select from the right toolbar buttons, or Snap Preferences from the Drawing Menu to adjust the snap preferences for the drawing.
- If snapping is enabled, it applies when drawing lines, piezo surfaces, search grids, ranges, specified surfaces, or when moving points using the Points / Piezo Points tool. It does not apply when drawing point loads or surcharges.
- The possible snap preferences are:
- Snap to points - snaps to end points of lines.
- Snap to lines - snaps to any points on lines.
- Snap to boundaries - snaps to drawing boundaries.
- Snap to grid - snaps to currently displayed grid lines.
- Note: The priority of the snap preferences are in the order they are listed. (ie. if snap to points and snap to grid are both enabled, objects will snap to points first)